Rare Books Have Started: We have added the majority of 20th century novels. We are beginning 19th Century Novels For sale and 18th Century Novels For Sale. Our rare and signed books want to be bought by you!
A Little Note About Atlas Shrugged:
Atlas Shrugged is a novel by Ayn Rand, first published in 1957. It is considered one of the most influential and controversial books of the 20th century. Here are some interesting facts about the book:
- The novel is set in a dystopian future where the United States has collapsed into a socialist state. The story follows a group of independent thinkers and entrepreneurs who are known as "taggers" and are driven underground by the government.
- The title of the novel comes from the phrase "Who is John Galt?" which is repeated throughout the book as a rallying cry for the taggers' movement.
- Atlas Shrugged is one of the longest novels ever written, with over 1,000 pages in the original edition.
- The book was a commercial success and has sold millions of copies worldwide. It has also been translated into dozens of languages.
- The novel has been widely interpreted and has been the subject of much debate and criticism. Some see it as a celebration of individualism and capitalism, while others see it as a condemnation of those values.
- Ayn Rand, the author of Atlas Shrugged, was a philosopher who believed in the philosophy of Objectivism, which holds that reality is objective and that individuals should be free to pursue their own goals and interests.
- The book has been adapted into a television series and a feature film, but the rights to the book have been in dispute for many years.
Overall, Atlas Shrugged is a complex and thought-provoking novel that continues to inspire and divide readers to this day.